AH! We had so much fun!!!!!!! Okay so I was totally illegal and put 12,000 pictures in this post but believe it or not its not even the whole TWO weeks worth of pictures! We were in California from May 3- 17 and squeezed in about 6 weeks worth of activities. Seriously, it felt like we lived three days for each one. We did at least two activities a day on most days and had a complete blast! We began the trip with In-n-Out (Abigail was very concerned they would make us leave if we didnt eat fast enough. Apparently IN-n-Out was not a memory and just a name. She thought we had to get in and out quickly. Silly girl.) Abigail put away a whole hamburger and a fry in no time flat. She declared it to be even better than Burgerland.
We promptly drove to the beach after our burgers and got straight into the water. Silly kids! They were so happy to be a sandy mess.
The following pictures are out of order and from Disneyland. Sorry about that. My computer is smarter than me.
They got to MEET Mickey Mouse!!!! Seth was beside himself. Mickey is a fave of his. And later that day during the parade, Mickey blew him a kiss which he "caught" and then smooshed onto his cheek. He bonded with Mickey. They're old pals now.

Daddy bought one of those ridiculous Mickey shaped ice creams for the kids to share during a ride on the train. It resulted in a few chocolate stains and some awesome smiles.

Abigail in front of the princess castle. She was elated just to be near it. Please not the "First Visit" button she's sporting. They gave it to her and everyone around the park kept commenting on it being her first visit to Disneyland. She was all stoked.

Okay now we are back in order. This is another trip to the beach (we went almost EVERY day, sometimes more than once a day). Seth loves the ocean so much! He wanted so badly for the weeks prior to the trip to BE shark from Word World and splash in the ocean. He had such a great time!!

Abigail could basically LIVE at the beach.

The excitement is so obvious it makes me giggle!

Back at Gramma and Poppi's house there was much Play-Doh playing and book reading but Seth's favorite thing to do was climb in their avocado tree. He climbed higher than anyone else right away with absolutely no fear singing in this sweet little voice, "I'm so rumbly in my tumbly..." He was pretending to be Winnie-the-Pooh and going after the honey tree. Love that kid!

The first Thursday we were there we went to the Wild Animal Park and saw so much stuff! The lions were a fave though because they were napping right where Seth could get to them. He was a little nervous though until I explained about the security of the glass.

Ah, nothing like a walk on the Oceanside Pier followed by breakfast at Ruby's! I had a hard time getting them down the Pier though. Seth was OBSESSED with the surfers! He stopped a million times just to watch.

Me and my Goo.

We took a trip to the outlet mall in Carlsbad and I bribed the kids and told them if they were good for me in Gap I would buy them candy at the candy store. Too bad I found out
after Gap that they closed the candy store!!! Poor kids. So they rode on the quarter rides instead.

That Saturday we took a ride on the Coaster. The Coaster just happens to be one of the trains that is in Seth's low budget VHS about trains that he practically has memorized. The kid almost fell over when he realized he was actually getting ON the train from his movie.

They gave them these cool little cardstock mini versions of the coaster at the station. They played with them until Seths fell apart and I couldnt really pack ABigails. They were a hit!

We got to eat at Islands with my dad and brother, which they absolutely LOVED!

And then there was Disneyland. Minnie Mouse. Need I say more?

Then my dad bought them each "ears." Seth called it his Mickey head. LOL

And I just have to say, if you get to go to Disneyland, please take advantage of the only thing that doesnt cost you an arm and a leg or your first born child in exchange for a chicken nugget: pineapple soft serve. It was A-MAZING. And only a couple of dollars. I was pleasantly surprised.

OKay so there is way more to talk about but I think thats enough for one post. AH!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!!
2 comments:
Loved the pictures! I think Seth is going to become a surfer someday...I just see it happening. SO happy you all had a blast and are home safe and sound:)
Oh my. Now THAT'S a vacation! And what fun family memories you're making, I love all the pictures!
Post a Comment