Today was a big day in the Slye household...Seth moved into a toddler bed and Abigail is in a real twin bed. Ouch, this childhood thing is sure moving along at lightning speed. I cannot believe how big they both are! Well, as sentimental as I am, I was not a burden at all to my kiddos enthusiasm. They bounced and jumped and sang about their new beds all afternoon (we strategically set up the new bed for Seth in the afternoon so he could get used to it and not be shocked at bedtime, ya know?). So yeah, its a success. They are both asleep and havent fallen off onto the floor. No pictures of Abigail's new bed yet, but the pictures of Seth's new bed include her because she is a ham and had to get in on the photo session. Seth's bed is pretty cool, too. Its kind of hard to see from the pictures but there is a small ladder that he gets to climb to get into it and it sort of looks like a bunk bed except not too high off of the ground. Rock on Daddy with your wood working skills!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
A Big Day
Today was a big day in the Slye household...Seth moved into a toddler bed and Abigail is in a real twin bed. Ouch, this childhood thing is sure moving along at lightning speed. I cannot believe how big they both are! Well, as sentimental as I am, I was not a burden at all to my kiddos enthusiasm. They bounced and jumped and sang about their new beds all afternoon (we strategically set up the new bed for Seth in the afternoon so he could get used to it and not be shocked at bedtime, ya know?). So yeah, its a success. They are both asleep and havent fallen off onto the floor. No pictures of Abigail's new bed yet, but the pictures of Seth's new bed include her because she is a ham and had to get in on the photo session. Seth's bed is pretty cool, too. Its kind of hard to see from the pictures but there is a small ladder that he gets to climb to get into it and it sort of looks like a bunk bed except not too high off of the ground. Rock on Daddy with your wood working skills!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did Christian build this?! That is so awesome!
How cute! Harrison does this all of the time...even though extra hugs and kisses are always welcomed he and many other children use them to delay their bedtime...I have to ask him to save them up through the night or that kid would continually come out of his room to give me "just one more hug and kiss" before bed. Just wait until they get older...everyday when I am picking up Harrison from his afterschool program he got into this habit of not saying hello...he would immediately ask me what's for dinner...until one day...I said, "you know...this is not a very nice greeting after a long day apart...how about..hi mom...you are the greatest...i love you mom...and then...what's for dinner..." ;o)
I think I meant to post this on your "Naptime" post...nonetheless...I am glad a shared even though it may not have anything to do with the post. Hahahaha...xo
Post a Comment