Thursday, August 6, 2009

Barefoot Boy




This morning, we went outside to play before the weather became unbearably hot. The kids have been playing in their tent that Gramma and Poppy gave to them and their favorite game has been to play Spaceship! My son loves to "bwast off!!" So we took the tent outside, drew flames behind it, drew a "moon" on the side of it and they played spaceship for a while. But, according to the unwritten rule that says that kids will play with the box more than the toy, they didnt play for very long. I made a phone call and got distracted having a lovely conversation with Christian's parents and realized that they had migrated from the cool space shuttle to a pile of dirt. Yep, dirt is cooler than mommy's drawing. But the coolest thing is this: As they were playing in the dirt I watched my son purposefully take his shoes off and place his feet one by one into the warm dirt. I could almost see his toes reach deep into the dirt as his face took on a peaceful glow. It was so sweet. He then proceeded to fling a shovel full of dirt into the air, and my joy was complete. I just love these kids!!

1 comment:

Joshie's Sweetie said...

Yippee! I'm back! I can't believe how big they are getting! Abby is such a little lady and Seth has such a huge smile! Miss you guys!