Then we got up early on Saturday and set off on a birthday adventure. SInce the kids and I all have birthdays within 8 days of each other, we made Saturday our big celebration for all us as a family. It was also super great!
We drove all the way to Frisco (almost 2 hours) and made our first birthday stop at Toys R Us. Let me just say that a few years ago, I signed my kiddos up for the birthday club at Toys R Us and it was such a blast! First of all, they receive a card in the mail from "Geoffrey" the giraffe wishing them happy birthday, then you get a coupon for $3 off of a $3 or more purchase each. And to top it off, when you bring in the card and stop by the customer service desk first, they hand each child a mylar balloon, a hat that proudly states, "It's my birthday!" and announce over the PA system in the store that there are two very special birthday kids shopping in the store so be sure to wish them a happy birthday. So the whole time we shopped, people were wishing them a happy birthday and everything! They were halfway embarassed and completely excited. And with after Christmas clearances, we made it out of there with a new hotwheel and bouncy ball for Seth and an ADORABLE Littlest Pet Shop set for Abigail and only spent 82 cents for the entire experience!!! A must do for all of you frugal mommies out there!
Then we made our way over to the mall, spent Abigails birthday money at Barnes and Noble on some Fancy Nancy books and some early readers. They LOVE that store! The stage where they get to sit and pre-read books is a major attraction for them! :) Then we ate at Cheesecake Factory with some friends from church (I so love their Chinese Chicken Salad. YUM!) After lunch, our friends decided to take the kids through Build-a-Bear. Wow, that place is a blast!
Just before Seth melted into his carseat for a nap, we took a quick ride on the merry go round and ate yogurt at Orange Cup. I had a really hard time getting Seth off of the merry go round and they had a hard time getting me out of Orange Cup....their yogurt is beyond good. YUM!!!!!
We got Starbucks on the way home and the day was complete. I hope I remember how great this day was forever. Wow, I sound like such a little girl. Thats okay. I really feel like one! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment