Saturday, May 9, 2009

Crazy Weather!


Well, we have the internet back again! Yeah!! Wednesday morning, we had a "severe thunderstorm" and boy they weren't kidding when they said it would be severe! There were trees down all over town, including in front of our house. And this was just a LIMB of the tree that borders our yard! It is at least two feet thick in diameter! It fell on our power lines and knocked out our power and our internet. The power came back on right away but I have been without the internet for a while now. It just so happens to be our only contact for weather information so you should have seen me tripping out last night when the weather got all crazy again. It turned out to just be severe thunderstorms and just a tornado watch (not warning) so thats cool. It was crazy though to feel the wind come up like the heat from an oven when you open the door and then minutes later a cool breeze is coming through...even the locals said that they hadn't ever seen weather quite that wierd. We fell asleep after the watch ended about 45 minutes before the kids got up for the day. Awesome. We are needless to say quite tired around this household. More thunderstorms on the way tonight and tomorrow too...sleep may be elusive. But we are thankful that at least not too much damage has been done and no one has been hurt. All I have to complain about is a loss of sleep, so I am truly a blessed person!

2 comments:

Joshie's Sweetie said...

Aunty Emm! Sheesh that is crazy weather. I'm glad you are all o.k. If a tornado happens to pick you guys up have it drop you off by Ramona so we cans say "Hi!"

Ashley Gene said...

I'm glad your alright! =] but is it weird to say I am so ready for thunder storms back in tx? here its just rain - it taunts me. see you soon!