Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Alphabet Birthday!





The kids' birthdays are the 9th and the 17th, so we had one party for them this past Sunday afternoon. It was so much fun! I wanted to have a theme that was good for the both of them, so we ended up with an alphabet theme. Abigail is VERY excited about reading right now and Seth is totally in love with the alphabet too (W is his fave...he gets so excited when he sees one and squeals "ubble-u momma! wu-wu-wu!"). So alphabet it was. And we had letters everywhere...on the walls...the cakes were an A, B and C...they had a letter hunt(like and easter egg hunt but with letters)...alphabet bowling...and "fishing for letters"...alphabet book prizes for the games...we even had alphabet shaped tater tots, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cookies...it was great. The kids woke up Sunday morning and we had already done a bunch of the decorating and they were so excited to see the letters on the walls. Seth acctually giggled. It was great. Abigail received many great gifts this year from super thoughtful family members but the one from great grandma brandon is the most notable because she sits for hours at a time (literally) playing with it at the table( where her brother cannot touch it :D)....her house. I actually have to drag her from the table to get some exercise at times...and she whines! She just loves to play with this little house and the only thing better than sitting at the table for two hours with it is sitting at the table with mommy playing with it. I totally remember doing that when I was little. So cool. These little goobies are so special!!

2 comments:

albie dear said...

How wonderfully creative you are! Happy Birthday to your little ones! I love themed birthdays...I think you always have to have a theme...it makes it easier and fun to create games and crafts around it...now that HP is older we go to fun places and I sort of theme stuff around that. XO to you and your family.

Jessica LaTour said...

You are awesome!

I love the theme you went with! I've never seen it done before & it's just darling! ♥