Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just four stitches....

Your Saturday afternoon just isn't complete without a couple of stitches, is it? (sigh) Well, Seth, my little bruiser, came barreling down the hallway and tripped and ran face first into the doorjam, which in our house happens to be like 6 inches of solid wood. He hit it with such a force that he split open his forehead. Im not kidding, it took 30 seconds to look like a Stephen King nightmare movie right in my very own hallway. I was so tripped out! Head wounds like to bleed, so yeah, you can imagine I'm sure. So, a trip to Dr. Cutrell and an hour later he's fine, but I'm still shaky. Could have been worse...talked with someone about a similar experience that ended in staples...yeah, ew. So praise the Lord it was just four stitches...

4 comments:

Jessica LaTour said...

It's good that God gave us the "mother instinct" so that we can somewhat pull it together for the sake of our kids in those kind of situtions. When Noah cracked his teeth, I was in tears. And for goodness sake, that was a tooth!

Kudos to you, Jo. You're my hero. (And Seth's too, I'm sure!)

Jessica said...

Oh no!! I hope Seth is doing okay - how scary. I'm sure this will happen to all of our children at some point in time (maybe not with the door knob, but with something!). Sounds like you handled it well! Miss and love you. xoxo

albie dear said...

Poor thing...I have had my share of scares but no stitches yet (knock on wood). Give him a booboo kiss from me. XO

Joshie's Sweetie said...

Poor little goobie! Mucho prayers for that guy from me.