Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Bear!


So Abigail's bear turned 2 today (at first it was 5 then 6 then 7 and finally she decided she was turning 2). So we had a little "Birthday" party for her, with a few decorations even. It was fun, and one of our friends from the college group stopped by and got roped into participating too! Here's what happened. I promise I really DO have more to do with my time than bake cakes from scratch for my daughter's teddy bears (like doing laundry and other such house cleaning), but this came about by accident. You see, I was baking a cake for a friend of ours at church who turns 7 on friday, which actually went along perfectly with our schoolwork because this week we are doing the letter "C" so our craft was to bake a "C"ake. So I had already told Abigail we were going to do this intense project (because I made it from scratch, of course whole wheat and flaxmeal added, and the icing was even homemade and healthy) and my kids have been sick and they just arent over it....so how could I bring a cake from a sicky household to a little girl who gets to go to Disneyland for her birthday? So I was already making the cake and we decided to make a party out of it anyway. We even made a paper chain streamer and everything and sat outside during Seth's nap before it started to rain. Gotta love Texas weather....it was 75 this morning and we sat outside for an impromtu party and now the thunder is skaking my house (I am not joking). SO that's my story for today. Life is good. God is good. And my cake was pretty good, too!

3 comments:

Jessica LaTour said...

How fun! And that cake looks yummy!

Happy stuffing, uh, birthday little bear!

CCPitunesaudio said...

that cake looks so good i think that i should eat some.

slyefamily said...

you did, silly! A whole bunch in fact....