Tuesday morning, we were blessed by a visit from our friends Lila, Jeremiah, and Braeden, and they had such a good time playing that i let Seth stay up about an hour past his regular naptime (payed for that later :)) So when we had said goodbye and Seth was finally in bed, he was so wound up and fought his nap hard core. It took and hour for the racket to stop in there and when i checked on him, i found him sitting up in bed, leaning back against the crib, COMPLETELY ASLEEP! i couldn't believe it! Talk about a fight to the finish. I cracked up so hard that Abigail asked me if I was okay! But that gave Abigail and I ample time to make our thankful tree. I just haven't been motivated to do it with a little goobie around; scissors and pens you know. Anyway, so we got to make our tree. we used sticks from the yard this year in a vase with some bark (thank you christy duff for the improvement upon my idea) and and we sat on the floor in our living room to draw and cut out the construction paper leaves. (The living room floor at about 1pm is the warmest place in the house. dude, its cold here. that same morning it was 38 degrees outside on my way to the store. brr!) Abigail was so excited to get started and of course inlcuded her daddy, seth, and ZEBRAS, spelled with a "u" at the end because duh mom the "u" says "uh." ive tried to correct her so many times but she gives me this patronizing look and literally says "okay mommy" and patiently waits for me to do something else. She truly believes that at 3 she knows better than me! :) boy does that remind me of myself as a child! (sorry dad :)) But it was so cute because when we began i told her that she could write on as many leaves as she wanted but the first one i wanted to be for the thing that she is MOST thankful for. After a little thought she looks at me and says "God...G-O-D, and i can write that." She is so independent!
Today, thursday, we visited daddy at work to bring him his chapstick but really just to get out of the house without a trip to walmart (can't get out of there without some craft item thats totally marked down. those "roll back"s are going to be the death of me). Anyway, I made Christian let me take a picture of him cause i think he looks so cute in his uniform, and the kids had a blast running around the uncrowded aisles. Abigail looked back at me at one point and said "this is good mommy. i had lots of energy to get out." I must hear "try to get me seth" 3ooo times a day! I love my kids!
1 comment:
That Abigail is one tall drink of water! And GORGEOUS! When did she get so big?!
I heart your Thankful Tree, too! What a great idea, especially with Thanksgiving around the corner. I just might "borrow" that one... ♥
Post a Comment