Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Sweet Thing

So I broke down and gave Abigail a piece of candy cane while I was making peppermint brownies this afternoon. I mean, is there a better way to get her ready for a couple of hours with her dad! (Sunday afternoons i get to go out for a little bit :D) So she was super excited and was totally enjoying it until we hear a cry from the floor (oh yeah, she''s being a cat again). Her candy cane fell out of her mouth and landed in her hair! I wanted to be serious and have a talk with her about keeping our food in our mouth but its not really food and I couldn't stop laughing except to take the picture. She blesses me so much.
In other news, we have a new weather experience to report. When weather.com says that Paris will be windy, they mean it!! I went to Walmart after church and when I came out of the building it was so windy. Abigail was whining and Seth was howling "no wind! no wind!" That all stopped as we left the shelter of the building to get to our car. The wind was blowing so hard that it pushed my cart, even though my buff muscles were hanging on for dear life, in a totally opposite direction, pushed Abigail almost into the cart which was going the other direction and actually pulled a bag of groceries OUT OF MY CART along with my wallet. Needless to say, the kids stoped whining and started crying in a completely terrified fashion. To be honest I was sort of intimidated by that wind. With a lot of effort, i turned the cart back around to the shelter of the building, which was thankfully close to the car, and carried them to the car separately so they would feel safe and because Abby was really having trouble standing up! Kinda crazy. Where'd we move anyway? ha ha:) I hear the tornados are the best part of the weather issue, followed closely by thunderstorms with amazing lightning in second place. Maybe we are in Kansas Toto! Good thing we know we're where God wants us.

1 comment:

Joshie's Sweetie said...

Wow! Crazy wind! Those poor kids they are probablyl wondering "Where have Mom and Dad taken us?!"