I love getting ready for Christmas! I've been feeling a bit homesick for family and friends but I decided that Jesus wouldn't want me to be pouting so we began to get ready. A trip to the dollar tree produced this centerpiece and we already had the tree. ( I know it sounds weird, but last year we bought a teeny tiny living Christmas tree for like $5 on sale and when Christmas was over, we moved it outside and watered it. It has grown quite a bit and we moved it with us to Texas so we figured, hey lets bring it in.) We put some garland and some very small candy canes on it. Abigail is excited because she is in love with all things in a miniature form and the whole decorating thing was pretty inexpensive (always a plus). Then today we made Christmas trees out of Abigail's and Seth's hand prints on green construction paper. We then decorated the tree with beauty (ornaments that say love, joy, peace, etc) and talked about how we should "decorate" ourselves with the same thing. Abigail sort of got it and Seth happily grunted. All in all, there was glitter glue involved and everyone left the table happy. It wasn't until I hung it up that i realized it's missing the top "hand" that makes it actually look like a tree. It would devastate her to have me change her artwork, so flawed it remains. Oh well, nobody's perfect. :)
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
I love getting ready for Christmas! I've been feeling a bit homesick for family and friends but I decided that Jesus wouldn't want me to be pouting so we began to get ready. A trip to the dollar tree produced this centerpiece and we already had the tree. ( I know it sounds weird, but last year we bought a teeny tiny living Christmas tree for like $5 on sale and when Christmas was over, we moved it outside and watered it. It has grown quite a bit and we moved it with us to Texas so we figured, hey lets bring it in.) We put some garland and some very small candy canes on it. Abigail is excited because she is in love with all things in a miniature form and the whole decorating thing was pretty inexpensive (always a plus). Then today we made Christmas trees out of Abigail's and Seth's hand prints on green construction paper. We then decorated the tree with beauty (ornaments that say love, joy, peace, etc) and talked about how we should "decorate" ourselves with the same thing. Abigail sort of got it and Seth happily grunted. All in all, there was glitter glue involved and everyone left the table happy. It wasn't until I hung it up that i realized it's missing the top "hand" that makes it actually look like a tree. It would devastate her to have me change her artwork, so flawed it remains. Oh well, nobody's perfect. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment