Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Nic-nic!"



So Wednesday morning turned out to be quite a warm morning, and we decided to take advantage of it. It had rained all night Tuesday, so the ground was wet which ruled out a LOT because I was so not into cleaning up mud, but we were not deterred. We took their dump truck and loader onto the porch and had a picnic. The kids had so much fun playing with the leaves, putting them in the truck and dumping them out and so forth. And we then sat on our picnic quilt and ate sandwiches and broccoli and soaked up the rays of the gorgeous sun. I actually had on short sleeves if I sat in the sun!! It was a welcome break from the cold and we all enjoyed listening to Seth's rendition of picnic - "nic-nic, mommy! fun nic-nic!" It did however drop 24 degrees in 2 hours that afternoon and we had a tornado warning that night, but hey, I got to sit in the sun!
Today I'm working on a new project...a quilt/blanket made from the sleepers that I just couldn't get rid of when Seth grew out of them. Boy this has turned into a project! But we'll see. It'll probably be worth it in the end if I can just keep myself from putting it in a bag and buying the kid a new blanket for his bed. But I just love to hold these fabric squares in my hands and remember when he was tiny. ok, so I realize he's not quite 2 yet, but I'm still a little sentimental.

2 comments:

albie dear said...

You guys are sooo CUTE! I love "nic nics". Just you wait...before you know it your little ones will be in school and you will say, "wait...how the heck did you get in the third grade...?...and you are eight...holy moly...?!..." I was just lloking at baby pictures of my little guy this morning. XO

Jessica LaTour said...

I love it!