Thursday, December 4, 2008

Life's a Puzzle


God is so cool to use my daughter to illustrate His truth to me in a real way that I can totally apply. We were doing a 25 piece puzzle today on the floor while Seth slept, and normally she doesn't really need my help. She wants my company but not really my help so much. Well today she decided that she wanted to do things her own way, but it wasn't working. She had constructed the outside edge of the puzzle quite well but she then wanted to find a place for a piece that was smack dab in the middle. I tried to explain to her that the piece she had didnt fit yet. She couldn't find the place that it went because she hadn't done the other parts yet and if she would just do the ones that she could recognize, like put the piece of a purple face where the purple spot is on the edge, then eventually she'd be able to find the spot that her piece went. As I was saying it, I was struck by how often the Lord would like me to take my own advice, not rush forward and try to complete something before the rest of it is in place, and DO what you've been given to do now, what you already know you're supposed to do and let the rest fall into place and let Him complete the picture in the right order. He just wants me to avoid the futility and frustration of trying to get ahead of His perfect plan. I hope I can take my own advice! :)


1 comment:

Ashley Gene said...

thats an awesome truth! I need to take that advice too! how cool that she can show you that =]