Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Is this legal?


Just kidding! I asked Seth to give me some of his unparalleled "help" making daddy's "froffee" and he decided to pretend to take a sip. He so wants to be a big boy! Doesn't he look like he's saying "dont even speak to me until after the first cup." haha!
So I was at the store and it struck me how differently we speak than the locals. You dont "expect" to get rain, you're "fixin'" to get it...you dont begin something, you "get after it"... it's not you, it's "ya'll"....its not a bag, it's a sack....it's not a cart, it's a buggy (that one's my favorite)......and if you say rad or gnarly all you get is a blank stare. I seriously feel so dumb sometimes! Oh well, maybe someday I'll speak Parisian! :)

2 comments:

Ashley Gene said...

okay so im behind so you're getting a lot of comments from me today =].... just thought I'd tell you, it's "y'all" lol and Christi thought it was hilarious when I said buggy too, and "leggins" hahaha... I'm sure you'll catch on quick, especially being neighbors with randy roam. ;)

Anonymous said...

LoL...thats funny...does anyone out there say "no worries" or is southern california the only carefree part of the United States? BTW I love the sign that says..."Happy Fall Ya'll" too cute!