So we're in full gear for Christmas around here. Abigail and Seth and I went to a Christmas parade on Saturday. It was so much fun! I left my camera at home so I only got a picture of her in her cute outfit with her cat before we left, but that's ok. I don't think I'll ever forget the looks on their faces that morning. There were floats and horses ("hoe-ses mommy! hoe-ses!") and fire trucks (which Seth completely tripped out over) and marching bands (Abigail's fave- she wants to play the tuba she's decided) and police cars and tractors with wheels taller than daddy ("digger! mommy digger!") and of course there was candy thrown out at us. We were with some friends of ours who dont give their kids candy either, so Jason gathered up the candy to put in the "candy bag" from the kids and then tried to discreetly throw it away. Abigail caught him! She pointed and looked horrified and yelled "mommy! He's throwing it away!" Poor guy; he felt so bad.
On sunday we were given tickets to a Christmas Party at a school here, and boy was that a blast. The kids favorite parts were: 1. the horse drawn carriage ride (what is it about the sound of their hooves clopping on the ground that is so relaxing and beautiful) and 2. the cookies. They each had far too many but mommy decided to go for it. Seth was so excited because I had decided to give him one and then the woman behind the table handed him more. He sat at the table eating and saying "cooooooooookie!" So woth it.
On Monday, our mailman said he felt like Santa Clause! He had three packages to deliver and we were so excited. It felt like Christmas. Isn't it so much fun to get stuff in the mail? One of the packages was from Gramma and Poppi and it included some super great ornaments for our pathetic little tree. Abigail was amazed by the beautiful angel that she got but Seth's favorite part was the box! He called it a boat and got in and out of it over and over again, hollering "boat!" So sweet. After we moved the boxes off of the floor to make room, Seth was not deterred. We came back in the room and he was in the box ON the couch calling "stuck!" I love that kid so much! Also on our tree this year are the Christmas cows. A friend from the college group bought two of them for us when we were at Chik-fil-A on Saturday night after the mercy me concert, and so we put them on the tree for Christmas morning. It was a little hard for Seth at first but now he knows and he stares and points and says in the cutest voice "Mis-mas cow!" I can't wait to see his face when he gets to hold it in a couple of weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment