
See what happens when we are sick and spend most of the day on the couch. Thankfully, Wednesday night I went on a cleaning frenzy, so when Thursday dawned rainy and Abigail and I woke up sick, we were prepared for a day of lounging. Abigail barely got off of the couch all day. We even watched this adorable old Disney movie called Rascal, about a boy and his pet raccoon. It was super special to sit on the couch with a special kid on each side of me...Abigail even held my hand for like 20 minutes. Yeah, heart melting point has been reached. To top it off, Christian got off at 2 and didn't go back to work until 7 so we had family lounge time. However, all of that inactivity is not what I am used to, so basically my brain was going crazy. So, Eli the elephant was born. He will soon be joined by 3 or 4 of his buddies on the ribbon and become a cute little garland someday...if I ever have creative juices flowing at the end of the day again! I have never thought about the benefits of a day of sickness before. I've been finding that a lot lately in my life...a lack of perspective. Whenever I read my Bible lately, or talk with friends or listen to a Sunday morning message, I am reminded just how self-centered I can be! So what if life isn't perfect!? I
HAVE been blessed, and have so much to be thankful to God for. Its all a matter of perspective, which side of the difficulty you want to look at. My daughter thinks a stubbed toe or a bloody knee is the end of the world...do my difficulties look the same to others who are going through worse? What a thought!
2 comments:
The elephant is adorable!!! You should sell them on Etsy!
I don't like being sick, but I do love the down time with the family. Hope you're all feeling better!
You named the elephant in honor of my Eli, right?!? ;-) You are so creative, Joleen. I am constantly impressed at the crafts and other projects you do with your kids. Seriously, sometimes I read your blog and feel like a lousy mom!!! xoxoxo
Post a Comment