I had a most disgusting experience today that proves once again that boys are so different from girls. Abigail, Seth and I were sitting at the kitchen table this morning after lunch (sounds weird but we eat at 11:30 and this happened before 12 so it was still morning :>) doing some "schoolwork." Abigail and I were cutting out ladybugs for a counting game that we were going to do and Seth was playing with a dog and a truck and making siren noises. All of this is normal. What a fun example of their differences. What happened next was not. (Let me preface the rest of this story by saying that bugs this time of year in Texas come in no matter how clean you keep your house. The goal is to keep no crumbs on the floor and smoosh 'em as quick as you can. A bug in the house does not mean you aren't a clean person. I am adjusting to this new way of thinking.) So Abigail and I play a round of Ladybug Number Matching and as I am finishing up and about to assign a worksheet out of this ginormous workbook from Costco, Seth places something on the table and proudly announces, "Wook Mommy!! Wadybug!" (Look Mommy, ladybug) I was frozen in horror as I realized that the wriggling thing on my table was a slightly damaged cockroach!! Yeah, ewww! He had picked it up off the floor and presented it so kindly to me. It took him quite a while to stop crying after I slammed the gigantic workbook down on it and then pounded the top of the book 12 times just to be sure. I totally hurt his feelings by killing the present he gave me! Boy, I am going to have to figure out how to go about this better next time. I sure wish that I didn't know inside of my heart that there will be many more "next times." Poor guy, he cried SO hard! He wailed through the sanitizing of his hands and kept crying until I read him a book. Oh my little goobie, give me time to figure out just how to be a mommy to a boy!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
...that's what boys are made of
I had a most disgusting experience today that proves once again that boys are so different from girls. Abigail, Seth and I were sitting at the kitchen table this morning after lunch (sounds weird but we eat at 11:30 and this happened before 12 so it was still morning :>) doing some "schoolwork." Abigail and I were cutting out ladybugs for a counting game that we were going to do and Seth was playing with a dog and a truck and making siren noises. All of this is normal. What a fun example of their differences. What happened next was not. (Let me preface the rest of this story by saying that bugs this time of year in Texas come in no matter how clean you keep your house. The goal is to keep no crumbs on the floor and smoosh 'em as quick as you can. A bug in the house does not mean you aren't a clean person. I am adjusting to this new way of thinking.) So Abigail and I play a round of Ladybug Number Matching and as I am finishing up and about to assign a worksheet out of this ginormous workbook from Costco, Seth places something on the table and proudly announces, "Wook Mommy!! Wadybug!" (Look Mommy, ladybug) I was frozen in horror as I realized that the wriggling thing on my table was a slightly damaged cockroach!! Yeah, ewww! He had picked it up off the floor and presented it so kindly to me. It took him quite a while to stop crying after I slammed the gigantic workbook down on it and then pounded the top of the book 12 times just to be sure. I totally hurt his feelings by killing the present he gave me! Boy, I am going to have to figure out how to go about this better next time. I sure wish that I didn't know inside of my heart that there will be many more "next times." Poor guy, he cried SO hard! He wailed through the sanitizing of his hands and kept crying until I read him a book. Oh my little goobie, give me time to figure out just how to be a mommy to a boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my, that's horrifying & hilarious!!! You DO have the most spic-n-span cozy home. It's all location!
Oh my goodness, I am laughing out loud here!!
Post a Comment