Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Next Door Neighbors

This week has been pretty busy with our schedule as hectic as it is, but I decided to reorganize the kids bedrooms on top of that. Actually, it was an act of survival instinct because the toys seemed to be taking over the entire house!! When we get busy with church stuff and work, the toys tend to get tossed wherever and then the kids don't even play with them anymore! (probably because they can't find them anymore). Every couple of months I try to rotate out toys that don't seem to get played with in exchange for ones that I hid a while ago and that really helps but we needed major love this time. This is what their bedroom looked like just after Christmas:

They share a room, but I have this obsession with a boy side and a girl side (good thing their room is so big!) So, when I had to fit in a few more toys from birthdays and garage sales and such, this was what came of it. Abby's side looks like a little street. She and her brother each go inside one of the houses and then call each other next door neighbors. So cute!

It may not be exactly how I would like their room, but it did turn out pretty functional and my kids are happy! (which makes me happy!)

2 comments:

MaryAnne Hommel said...

Will you come do my room? And while your at it, bring the yellow paint, it makes me happy to look at it with the gleaming wood floor. Hey, are you doing the on line craft thing?

Ashley said...

I love the yellow paint too! It looks really nice big sis! I miss your happy little kids.