A funny thing happened this morning while playing chalk in my driveway....
I said something to Seth and addressed him as "Buddy," like I so often do. I call him buddy or bubbers or bubby or goobie...lots of funny little knicknames come out when you're a tired mommy! This morning however he looked at me and asked, with such a serious look on his face,
"Why you caw me buddy, mommy????"
"Because thats what I like to call you." I replied with a bit of shock in my voice.
"Don caw me buddy, mommy." requested my quite intent little boy.
(as im trying SO hard not to laugh) "Well, then, what SHOULD I call you, Seth."
(after a moment of pondering) "Call me Bear."
I checked with him to be sure thats what he wanted and oh boy is it!! He received his snack this morning, but only after pronouncing it to be "bear food." Abigail tried to get his attention by saying "Seth...." and was met with a loving but firm, "My not Sef, Abigaiw...my BEAR." And so on. All day he has been insisting on being called bear. And here is the cool part. If you remember to call him Bear before he asks you to, he gets this shy-but-oh-so-pleased look on his face that just barely reveals the dimple on his right cheek and oh boy....that kid is one cute bear!
No comments:
Post a Comment