Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This Little Boy......



We went for a walk around the block to talk to our neighbor behind us and pet some puppies and kitties, and on the way back, Seth insisted upon being held. It was super hot already and almost naptime and they hadn't yet had lunch. Combine that with the pathetic sounding "Uppa Mommy!" and I couldn't resist. As I was walking in the heat back home carrying my little boy, I was struck by the sweetness of the moment so sharply that I was brought almost to tears. As I held him, he wrapped himself slightly around me and I prayed, "Lord thank you for these sweet moments, this sweet boy in my arms that loves me and wants to be held and loved." I am so thankful for my children. I am overwhelmed by the joy that it is to be their Mommy. Christian was gone for a couple of days and to be honest, it wasnt that bad. I had so much FUN with my kids. We went to Paris Bakery and walked around the fountain in the town square and looked at strange bugs, we played hungry hungry hippos and twister and played in the pool and made pizza and ate it on the floor of the living room while we watched "There Goes A Police Car!", we just had fun with each other and this morning I realized that they are growing up. Abigail will be five soon. Five sounds SO OLD!! These years of sweet clinging and "kiss my owie" are passing all too quickly. I pray that they will always remember the good moments, the sweet ones. I am not a perfect mommy, but I DO love my babies in a way that I never thought was possible before. My life just would not be complete if God hadnt granted them to me.

I am so thankful for the sweet cling of a small body as you pick it up for the walk home in the warm sun.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

So sweet Jo! Your a great Mommy and your kids will totally cherish these memories when they get older :) And as to Abigail being 5 well thats just crazy! Isn't she still two? :)