Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Cannon Ball



We have been spending a LOT of time in our little pool in the backyard lately, and it has been SO MUCH FUN! I have decided that other than the august humidity I enjoy a Texas summer more than a Texas winter. Even though its hot, you just pick the right time of the day and stay drenched and the kids can still get outside and expend some of their energy. A couple of days ago, I decided to teach my amazing little goobies how to do a cannon ball. The water is only about 5 inches deep or so, but they quickly embraced the fun of a cannon ball and began to give it their own style. They have settled on the twisting cannon ball as their favorite, and poor Seth almost gets his eyes plucked out as she twirls those lethal braids around (those things are dangerous when wet especially).

But here's the kicker: he was playing with a small panda bear when I taught them what a cannon ball is and for some reason he just cant seem to get the two separated. So when it is his turn he yells at the top of his lungs, "1,2,3,4,9,12,14...PANDA BALL!"

Well, buddy, I bet a panda would make quite a splash too, huh?

P.S. can you tell that in the first picture he is not touching the water?

2 comments:

albie dear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
albie dear said...

Oh to be a kid again...how fun that you also get to enjoy the simple pleasures...like "panda balls" aka cannon balls...tell those kids to be careful and not break their bottoms...xo

p.s. something went screwy on my computer so I deleted the original post and copy and pasted this one...strange things this dag nub computers...hahaha